California State PTSA Applications Due Feb. 1, 2013

Deadline: Close of business February 1, 2013


The California State PTA Graduating High School Senior Scholarships applications are now available in the counseling office!  (This is the California State PTA not the EHS PTSA) This scholarship recognizes volunteer service in the school and community and does not have a GPA requirement. The scholarship is for $500.



·         California resident

·         Graduating from a high school in California with a PTA/PTSA unit in good standing

·         Be a member of his/her high school PTA/PTSA and include a copy of your current membership card with your application


What to submit:

1.    Completed application

2.    Legible copy if your PTA/PTSA membership card on an 8 ½” x 11” sheet of paper

3.    An essay describing:

·         Any PTA/PTSA responsibility you may have

·         Your career plans, goals and other information you feel would be valuable to the selection committee

·         All school service related activities including any service you provide to others at school. Do not use abbreviations for any organization listed, spell them out completely

·         Your volunteer service in the community (non-school related service)

4.    Reference forms and letters in sealed envelopes

·         Reference form and letter written specifically for this scholarship

·         First reference form and letter completed by a community volunteer leader with whom student applicant has served; not related to student

·         Second reference form and letter completed by a high school faculty member

·         Copies of recommendation letters for college admission are NOT acceptable

·         NOTE: each completed reference form and letter must be given to the applicant in a separate sealed envelope.


Mail your completed packet in one envelope. All submissions must be received in the California State PTA office by the close of business Friday, February 1, 2013. Faxed submissions will not be accepted.


You can pick up application forms for the scholarship in the counseling office. PTSA/PTA registration forms were mailed home in the beginning of the year packet but are also available in the Finance office.