Equality Scholarship Due February 1, 2013
Deadline: February 1, 2013
The criteria on which scholarship recipients will be selected include:
· Service to the LGBTQ community. Students of all sexual orientations and gender identities are eligible for eQuality Scholarships.
· Hardship or special circumstances
· Academic achievement
All applicants must:
- be a resident of northern or central California but may study elsewhere (see map for specific counties);
- have completed or expect to complete high school or equivalent between 1 Jul 2008 and 30 Jun 2013; and
- plan to attend or began attending an accredited post-secondary institution (college, university, or vocational/trade school) for the first time in 2013 (proof of enrollment will be required before scholarship funds are disbursed).
· In addition to completing the written application, applicants for all scholarships must be available for an interview either by phone or in person. Interviews for the high school graduate scholarshiops will be on Sunday, 10 March 2013, and Saturday, 16 March 2013. Interviews for the nursing and medical scholarships will be scheduled in the same time frame.
· We are using an on-line application process. If completing the on-line application is a hardship, students may request a paper or electronic (pdf) application.
· Applications, including transcripts and letter of recommendation, must be submitted by 1 February 2013. Applicants will be notified of their application status by 28 February 2013.
For more information and to apply go to: