Financial Aid Information for students:
Missed the March 2nd deadline? It's not too late to apply!
- SUBMIT your FAFSA right away to be considered for federal aid, work study, Competitive Cal Grants and BOG fee waiver for CA community colleges, campus-based aid, and for certain scholarships.
- CA Dream Act students cannot be considered for Cal Grants if submitting after March 2nd , but may be able to receive assistance in other programs. Check with your college right away to find out that school's deadline.
What happens next? (Click here for handout)
Review your SAR (Student Aid Report) and CAR (California Aid Report) very carefully for accuracy.
Make corrections on your FAFSA/CA DREAM ACT Application as soon as possible with finalized 2014 tax information (if you estimated based on 2013 info).
- The IRS Data Retrieval Tool makes this easy for students who submitted a FAFSA
- CA Dream Act applicants must enter updated info manually from 2014 tax return
- Create your Web Grants Account: www.webgrants4students.org. Get online help with the financial aid process and manage your Cal Grant and/or Chafee Grant (for foster youth) anytime... 24/7! View updates, make corrections, school and address changes & more!
- Check your college portal frequently to see for important "to-do" messages and deadline info. Follow up immediately with any requests for additional documentation.
North Coast College Access Scholarship
The application is now out and available for students to complete. Eligibility remains the same; offered to low income/first generation college bound seniors. Several things are different this year.
- It is completely an on-line process now.
- Students can log in and save work to come back to it later
- Attachments will need to be uploaded with the application.
The attachments are:
- A copy of the SAR
- A copy of the high school transcript
- A copy of the essay
Award amounts have been adjusted down this year due to a decrease in funding and our desire to serve as many students as we can.
- Students will receive $2,500 for attendance at a four year school
- Students will receive $1,000 for attendance at a two year school
Link to the application is at: http://www.humboldt.k12.ca.us/ or http://www.decadeofdifference.org/.
Due date is April 7th. As always if you have any questions, please feel free to call or write me.