EHS PTSA Scholarship applications now available!!! – Deadline 5/26/17
Eureka High School PTSA Scholarship
Criteria and Information
2016-2017 Academic Year
The Eureka High School PTSA has been awarding scholarships to graduating seniors since 1985. Scholarships range from $250 - $500.
PTSA Philosophy Statement:
The intent of awarding PTSA scholarships is to recognize students who have demonstrated leadership skills and/ or good citizenship, through volunteer service at the school or in the community and intend to continue their education at a college, university, community college or trade school.
- Scholarship money must be used in the following academic year at a college, university, community college or trade school.
- The applicant must submit a 150 to 200 word essay, consistent with the PTSA philosophy statement, describing their leadership and/or most rewarding volunteer experience during their high school years.
- The application and essay should be neat with correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- The applicant must be a member of EHS PTSA
- Application due in the counseling office by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 26, 2017.
Your application packet must contain:
*Application * Essay
EUREKA HIGH SCHOOL PTSA
For Academic Year 2016-2017
Student’s Name __________________________________________________________
Home Address: __________________________________________________________
Phone Number: ________________ or message phone: ____________________________
EHS Counselor’s Name: ____________________________________________________
Name of College, University, Community College or Trade School you plan to attend:
_____________________________________________Month/Year Entering ________
List Volunteer Service Activities- School or Community Service Organizations, type and date of service (use additional sheet if necessary)
List Any Extracurricular School Activities: (use additional sheet if necessary)
List the Names and numbers of 2 References that can verify information provided:
The following must be attached to this application:
- A 150 – 200 word essay hand written or typed, with correct spelling, grammar and punctuation, describing leadership and/or most rewarding volunteer experience during your high school years. Note: You will be scored based upon the relevance of your experience to the PTSA Philosophy Statement (see criteria).
- Membership envelope with fee of $7 (if not already a member)
- Please return this application with your essay into the Counseling Office by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 26, 2017.
- Proof of enrollment is required prior to receiving scholarship funds.