Monitor - Washington - 2.75 hrs/day
- Published: Thursday, December 20, 2018
Start Date: Immediately
Job Description: Monitor K-8
The job of Monitor K-8 is done for the purpose/s of providing for the safety and welfare of students during non-classroom activities; minimizing the frequency or severity of harmful incidents; and communicating observations and/or incidents that may impact a general well being of students and school personnel.
• Facilitates games among students (e.g. hands out equipment, balls, etc.) for the purpose of providing age appropriate activities.
• Intervenes in potential emergency situations for the purpose of minimizing disruptions of campus activities and/or injury to involved parties.
• Monitors students during assigned periods within a variety of school environments(e.g. rest rooms, playgrounds, hallways, bus loading zones, cafeteria, etc.)for the purpose of ensuring the safety and welfare of students.
• Reports observations and incidents relating to specific students (e.g. accidents, fights, inappropriate social behavior, violations of rules, safety conditions, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to appropriate instructional and/or administrative personnel.
• Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
• Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform single non-technical tasks with some need to upgrade skills due to changing job conditions. Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating equipment used in playground activities; and adhering to safety practices.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math; interpret written procedures, write routine documents and speak clearly; and understand multiple step instructions. Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: age appropriate activities; safety practices and procedures.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use basic job related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others under a wide variety of circumstances; analyze data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using standard methods of operation. Ability is also required to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with data of similar types and/or purposes; and utilize a variety of job related equipment. In working with others, problem solving is required to analyze issues, create plans of action and reach solutions; with data it is limited; and with equipment it is limited. Specific abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; working as part of a team.
Responsibilities include: working under standardized instructions and/or routines; providing information and/or advising other persons; and operating within a defined budget and/or financial guidelines. Utilization of resources from other work units may be required to perform the job's functions.There is a continual opportunity to impact the Organization's services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions requires the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; significant stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling; significant reaching, handling, fingering and/or feeling. Generally the job requires 5% sitting, 50% walking and 45% standing. The job is performed under some temperature extremes, a generally hazard free environment, and in a clean atmosphere.
Experience Job Related Experience is desired.
Education High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Required Testing Certificates & Licenses
Pre-employment Proficiency Exam CPR/First Aid Certificate
Continuing Educ./Training Clearances
As needed Criminal Justice/Fingerprint Clearance
FLSA Status Non Exempt Salary Grade White 22