Native American/Alaskan Scholarship Due January 18, 2013
Deadline: Postmarked no later than January 18, 2013
Intertribal Timber Council Scholarship for Native American/Alaskan Natural Resource Students.
The Truman D.Picard Scholarship Program is dedicated to the support of Native American students pursuing a higher education in Natural Resources. The award amount for high school seniors will be $1,500.
What to submit:
1. Letter of Application: must include your name, permanent mailing address, email address if available and phone number. It should be no more than two pages and must address the following:
· Interest in Natural Resources
· Commitment to education, community and your culture
· Financial need. Student who have completed the FAFSA should attach the Student Aid Report or have the report sent to the Intertribal Timber Council office (address below)
3. Three signed letters of reference, on letterhead and dated within the last six months
4. Evidence of validated enrollment in a federally recognized tribe or Alaska Native Corporation as established by the US Government. A photocopy of your enrollment card, front and back or Certificate of Indian Blood will suffice
5. Copy of your transcript and documented proof of acceptance to an institution of higher learning and a review of college class schedule to verify major before a check will be released.
Please send all inquiries and application packets to:
ATTN: EDUCATION COMMITTEE
Intertribal Timber Council
1112 N.E. 21st Avenue, Suite 4
Portland, OR 97232-2114