Gates Millennium Scholars Program Application Online
Deadline: Wednesday, January 16, 2013
The Gates Millennium Scholars program will select 1,000 students each year to receive a good-through-graduation scholarship The goal of the GMA is to promote academic excellence and to provide an opportunity for outstanding minority students with significant financial need. This is a truly awesome opportunity to help fund your college education.
Students are eligible to be considered for a GMS scholarship if they meet all of the following criteria:
· Are African American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian Pacific Islander American** or Hispanic American
· Are a citizen, national or legal permanent resident of the United States
· Have attained a cumulative high school GPA of 3.3 on an unweighted 4.0 scale or have earned a GED
· Will enroll for the first time at a U.S. located, accredited*** college or university (with the exception of students concurrently pursuing a high school diploma) in the fall of 2012 as a full-time, degree-seeking, first-year student. First-time college enrollees can also be GED recipients.
· Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities
· Meet the Federal Pell Grant eligibility criteria
· Have completed and submitted all three required forms: the student’s application (Nominee Personal Information Form), an evaluation of the student’s academic record (Nominator Form) and an evaluation of the student’s community service and leadership activities(Recommender Form) by the deadline
A Complete Application Consists of:
1. Student Application (Nominee Personal Information Form)
2. Educator’s evaluation of the student’s academic record (Nominator Form)
3. Evaluation of the student’s community service and leadership activities (Recommender Form)
For more information and the application please click on the link below
There is going to be a workshop to help you with essay writing and application procedures.