Memo To Graduating Seniors and Their Parents
- Published: Tuesday, May 25, 2010
As May winds down, many fun events and important traditions are scheduled for our graduating seniors and their families.
Prom is set for Saturday June 5th at the Zoo. Tickets will be available in the Finance Office. Dance Contracts and all standards for participation apply. The last day to clear fees for this event is the end of school on Wednesday June 3rd. This is a drug and alcohol free event, and breathalyzers will be in use. Please remember this is a formal/semi-formal event. Appropriate attire must be worn at all times.
The annual Senior Picnic is scheduled for Friday June 11th. As in the past, the location of the picnic will remain a secret until seniors arrive at the spot. Dress in layers, including a swim suit. Food, fun, and games are all included. All standards for participation apply. The last day to clear fees for this event is the end of school on Wednesday June 9th. This is a drug and alcohol free event, and breathalyzers will be in use.
Graduation Practice: All graduating seniors must attend practice in order to participate in the afternoon’s ceremony. Seniors should plan to gather in the Small Gym at 8:00 AM on Friday June 18th. Practice will end at 10:30 AM. Students should not bring their cap and gown to practice.
- Ceremony begins at 2:00 PM on Friday June 18th in Albee Stadium.
- Seniors should arrive in the Small Gym by 1:15 PM
- Seniors should arrive with their cap and gown in hand, not already on. The Eureka High School Graduation Ceremony is a formal event. To that end, we will be screening for and confiscating balloons, blow-up toys, Silly String, and other inappropriate objects. We ask that parents and guests support this policy and help ensure the event remains formal and respectful to all those participating and in attendance.
- Seniors with outstanding debt will not receive their official diploma until the debt is cleared. Additionally, final transcripts will not be mailed as well.
- Parking for guests with special needs is available through the Del Norte Gate at the field level. This parking is limited to vehicles with the appropriate designation.
- Tina’s photography will once again be available to take photos of seniors in their gap and gown after practice and before the ceremony. See the enclosed for further information.
The Graduation DVD will also be available for $15.00. An order form is enclosed.
Safe and Sober Party: Hopefully you received in the mail and have returned the permission form for this wonderful and safe graduation party held the evening of Graduation. This year’s event will be held at Eureka High School. The doors open at 8:30 PM and all graduates must be in the doors by 10:00 PM. The party will last until 4:00 AM. Great prizes will be given away all night, with the biggest and best prizes saved for the 3:00 AM hour, prizes like a lap top and the key that just might start the donated car. Across the nation, Safe and Sober Graduation Parties have significantly reduced the number of deaths on graduation night. Please support this effort and let’s ensure all our graduates make it safely into bed as the sun comes up on Saturday. If you would like to contribute or volunteer for this event, please contact Shelia Kjer at 498-6669.