Redwood Coast Chapter of the California Deer Association Scholarship – Deadline 4/1/17
California Deer Association – Redwood Coast Chapter, Scholarship Program
The scholarship program is a combination of academic recognition and financial assistance to student applicants. This scholarship fund is a dual commitment on the part of the California Deer Association (CDA) and the student to pursue an education and career in the field of Agriculture, Forestry, Wildlife Biology, Rangeland Science, Veterinary Sciences, Resource Management, or Wildlife and Fisheries Law Enforcement.
Scholarship Award Program
Eligibility Requirements: All high school and college students that follow the guidelines below are eligible to apply;
- Students must maintain a minimum of 3.0 GPA with cumulative unites for a full time student.
- The CDA – Redwood Coast Chapter Scholarship Committee must approve each applicant’s eligibility. The student’s course schedule must meet the committee’s approval. Each applicant must send a copy of their course schedule as soon as the school has approved it. In addition, the student must maintain an acceptable level of academic standing. If the student delays the submission of academic grades the release of funds will also be delayed.
- The Scholarship Committee will annually set the amount of each scholarship gift, currently the amount of funding varies upon qualified applicants ranging from $500-$1500. Funding and distribution of the monies will be made directly to the student. Payments will be used for direct educational expenses.
- The scholarship will focus on a person who exhibits academic promise and leadership in the fields of Natural Resource Management or Wildlife Biology or Management.
- Applications should include a letter of introduction, 3 letters of recommendation, any copies of achievements or awards, and verification of grades (current transcript). The application package should be completed and returned to the California Deer Association prior to the specified date of April 1st, 2017 and selection will commence by April 15th, 2017.
- Please mail the application to: Jennifer Gomes, Attn: California Deer Association, 2134 Olsen Ct., Fortuna, CA 95540.