CR will offer 6 classes at Eureka High this Spring!
- Published: Thursday, January 9, 2014
Get a jump on college!
Courses are open to all students, including high school, as well as new and current CR students. These general education classes will simultaneously earn high school and college credit, and are transferable to CSUs and UCs. Classes begin the week of Jan. 21.
List of Courses:
|CINE 2 - Cinema History Sound to Present
An introduction to the study of film history from just after the coming of sound to the present.
|W 5:30 pm - 8:40 pm||M. Cartier||3|
|ENGL 1A - Analytical Reading & Writing
A transfer-level English course in critical reading and reasoned writing.
|TTH 3:45 pm - 5:50 pm||V. Barnes||4|
|GEOG 2 - Cultural Geography
An introduction to the spatial distribution and organization of human activity. This includes an investigation of cultural development and environmental influences.
|MW 4:30 pm - 5:55 pm||D. Dempsey||3|
|PHIL 10 - Intro to Philosophy
An exploration of the common philosophical questions and some of the answers provided by ancient and modern philosophers.
|MW 3:45 pm - 5:10 pm||J. Johnston||3|
|PHYSC 10 - Intro to Physical Science
A survey for non-science majors covering basic topics of physics, chemistry, geology and astronomy.
|MW 3:45 pm - 5:10 pm||J. Moonstone||3|
|SPCH 1 - Public Speaking
An introduction to the fundamental theories and techniques of public speaking stressing audience analysis, logical organization, and support of ideas.
|TTH 3:45 pm - 5:10 pm||K. Mayer||3|
Steps to getting registered as a high school student at CR:
- Discuss your decision with your high school counselor & parents.
- Complete the CR application online (www.redwoods.edu).
- Complete the high school “Concurrent Enrollment” form.
- Complete a “BOG” waiver to see if registration fees can be waived.
- Register in person and pay for classes at the CR Eureka campus or online using WebAdvisor.
- Buy your books and show up for class!
- For more information, contact your high school counselor or, at CR: Angela Winkle (476-4158) or Sheila Hall (476-4155).